VISION & MISSION
To be God’s instrument in impacting the people with God’s love demonstrated through Jesus Christ through life and words in the power of the Holy Spirit so that they may become true disciples of Jesus Christ.
We endeavor to achieve our God-given vision through the following five pillars we stand on:
Our church is part of the Assemblies of God movement in India and worldwide. As a Pentecostal church, we believe in the supremacy of God’s Word and operation in God’s power. We are located in Salem, the fifth largest city in the state of Tamil Nadu in India. We are thankful to the Lord for the increase he has brought about in the last 20 years as the church has grown from a group of few individuals to a congregation of about 3000 people, coming to worship the Lord every Sunday. Based on a system of cell groups, we focus on developing lay leaders to work with full-time pastoral staff to meet the ministerial needs of the church and carry out the administrative works effectively. Great is the Lord and great is His work! So we are looking forward to a greater breakthrough in every area of our church.
Rev. R. Robert Singh is the Senior Pastor of Salem Calvary Assembly of God Church. With the ministerial experience of 40 years and his effective leadership enabled by the Holy Spirit, he has guided the church to great heights, especially in the District of Salem, deemed dry spiritually and economically for several decades. Though planting and pastoring this growing church in the District has remained a big challenge, the ministry of our Senior Pastor shows that one can achieve great things with putting faith in God and staying focused in what the Lord has shown. Alongside Rev. Singh stands his wife Mrs Shirley Robert, bolstering him and the church’s ministry in every possible way and giving leadership to the ministries among women and prayer ministries. Blessed with two children Ebly Robert and Blessy Robert, the First Couple of our church remains a great example for us to emulate genuine Christian spirit. Additionally the Salem District’s Assemblies of God churches are privileged to have Rev. Singh as their Presbyter for the last two decades and have multiplied churches under his able leadership.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Assemblies of God Fundamental Truths
(See full text version in English @ http://ag.org/top/Beliefs/Statement_of_fundamental_truths/sft_full.cfm)
These are nonnegotiable tenets of faith that all Assemblies of God churches adhere to. This list is derived from the official Statement of Fundamental Truths. Click links below to see the complete original statement with scriptures.
- WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity)
- WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
- WE BELIEVE…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- WE BELIEVE…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior). [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- WE BELIEVE…and practice two ordinances—(1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times. [1 of 4 cardinal doctrines of the AG]
- WE BELIEVE… The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
- WE BELIEVE…Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ-like.
- WE BELIEVE…The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
- WE BELIEVE…A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, to build up or edify the body of believers–the Church and to Meet human need with ministries of love and compassion.
- WE BELIEVE…Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
- WE BELIEVE…in The Blessed Hope—When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
- WE BELIEVE…in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
- WE BELIEVE…A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
- WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’